Despite notable improvements in the dentistry field, a lot of people still lose their teeth. For the past years, dentures and bridges have been the only treatment options for missing teeth. Today, there is an even advanced option-dental implant.
A dental implant is a metal frame or post that is surgically embedded in the jawbone to support artificial teeth. Its role is to provide a foundation for replacement teeth (may be permanent or removable) which are tailored to resemble natural teeth.
Why You Should Get Dental Implants
Various benefits accrue from getting dental implants:
- Aesthetics: Dental implants have both the feel and look of your natural teeth. They are fused with the jawbone, making them permanent. This goes a long way to improve your appearance.
- Improved speech: If you have ever had poorly-fitted dentures, you know how embarrassing it can be when the teeth slip resulting in mumbling of words. With dental implants, you won’t have to worry about them slipping.
- Improved Comfort: Unlike removable dentures, dental implants are a permanent part of your oral cavity and therefore cause no discomfort whatsoever.
- Easier eating: Chewing can be difficult if you have dentures as they may slide. This isn’t the same with dental implants as their functionality is like that of your natural teeth. You will be able to eat anything without any difficulty or pain.
- A boost to your self-esteem: Having tooth gaps may be a huge blow to your self-esteem. Dental implants help bring back that bright and beautiful smile. You won’t have to feel overly-conscious.
You don’t have to live with those tooth gaps all your life. We do missing tooth replacement. Looking for dental implant services in Lexington? Come visit Dr. Barry J Cunha DDS at our dental office in Lexington, MA.